The following are expert witnesses for circuit design matters. Our experts cover the technologies of: IC design, EDA, analog circuit, digital circuit, AC to DC, RF with deposition and testifying experience.
#1001 Expert has been retained as expert witness in litigation regarding the failure of electrical and electronic devices and systems and has testified in the court. Research areas:
- Semiconductor Processing:
- Plasma Deposition
- Mask Design
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Metalorganic Chemical vapor Deposition (MOCVD)
- Diamond Deposition
- Plasma Etching
- Electron Beam deposition
- Oxidation, Diffusion, and Ion Implantation
- Process Equipment Design and Construction
- Thin Film processing
- Thick Film processing
- Wire bonding
- 3D ICs processing
- Wireless diagnostic systems.
Design and implementations of Electric and Electronic Circuits and Systems
- Systems for Heating Tissues.
- Ultra Sound Generators
- Infra-Red Heaters.
- Control systems for Refrigerators.
- Electrical circuits rectifications, control, filtering, sensing, digital to analog conversion, analog to digital conversion, and amplifications
- DNA sensors.
- Fabrication of Micro-pump.
- Fabrication and testing of diamond field emission devices.
- Design and simulation of MEMS gas sensor.
- Growth of high dielectric materials (BaSrTiO) for RF MEMS applications.
- Material growth and characterization of ultrananocrystalline diamond thin films using microwave plasma enhance chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technique;
- DNA Sensors.
Material growth and characterization:
- Growth of BaSrTiO using Pulsed Laser Deposition technique (PLD)
- Growth of Zinc Selenide (ZnSe) using metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) technique.
- Growth of Diamond using Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition.
- Characterization of Gallium Nitride materials.
- Characterization of semi-insulating and ion-implanted GaAs materials.
- Silicon technology.
Device Fabrication and characterization:
- Fabrication and characterization of GaAs MESFETs and IGFETS.
- Fabrication and characterization of ZnSe/Ge p-n junction diodes.
- Fabrication and Characterization of ZnSe/GaAs p-n junction diodes.
- Fabrication and characterization of Metal/BaSrTiO/p-Si MOS diodes.
- Fabrication and characterization of ITO/Diamond hetero-structure diodes.
- Fabrication and characterization of Diamond Field Emission Devices.
- Characterization of Magnesium Oxide MOS devices.
Integrated circuit Fabrication
- GaAs digital logic gates.
- GaAs MESFET Digital to Analog Converter.
Design and Fabrication of Micro-electro-mechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Micro pump design and fabrication
- Design of Pressure, strain, pH, and temperature MEMS sensors for dental implant evaluations and teeth grinding behavior studies. The sensors were designed using the Multiphysics software “COMSOL”
Modeling and Simulation
- Modeling for GaAlAs/GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors for circuit simulation CAD tools.
- Modeling for ZnSe/Ge Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors for circuit simulation CAD tools.
- Modeling of n and p type GaAlAs Quantum Well MODFETs.
- Non-quasi-static modeling of GaAs MESFETs, GaN MESFETs, SiC MESFETs, GaAlAs MODFETs, and GaN MODFETs, HBTs.
- Modeling using Multiphysics software, COMSOL and Ansys.
#1026 Expert in digital logic design and microprocessor based systems. Experience in design and development of printed circuit boards for microprocessor based control systems and video signal processing. Electro-mechanical sensors and device selection, AC/DC power distribution and operator interface design and development for large mail sorting systems. Electronic hardware design engineer for video processing and controls applications. Expert has nine issued patents with three pending largely in the field of mail processing equipment.
#1038 Consultant has over 25 years experience in IC design, source code, electronic design automation (EDA) software systems, simulation and circuit design and modeling. He is a recognized expert in the field of EDA systems, simulation, and modeling. He also has experience with the design of digital and analog IC, with verilog and VHDL analysis, synthesis of digital ICs such as flash memory controllers, analyses and verification of metal interconnects and related process technology. Expert holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from a top rated university, has over 50 publications in the fields of circuit design and design automation and has testifying experience including ITC matters.
#1042 Expert with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from a top rated university.
Over 40 years of experience in analog circuits, power electronics, power supplies, feedback control systems, and electromechanical systems with Power Electronics, Power Conversion, Power Supplies, Power Supply Design, Power Management, Analog Circuits, Analog Electronics, Electrical Engineering and DC-DC Converter Design. He has expert witness experience and holds 9 patents and has several publications.
#1062 Expert has more than 25 years of engineering and management experience in the mainstream of the technology industry. During this time, he has worked in semiconductor physics, device design, process integration, modeling/simulation (process, device, and circuit), circuit design/analysis, and wireless communications.
Expert is also an Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering at a top rated university. He has author a book and some 100 journal articles and conference presentations, and is a frequent plenary (keynote) speaker at major international conferences throughout the world. He has a great deal of litigation and testifying experience.
- Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF CMOS
- CMOS Integrated Circuit Design
- IC Modeling/Simulation
- CMOS Technology and Process Integration
- Design Automation (CAD) Software
- Semiconductor Memory
- IC Prior Art Search – Patents/Literature
- Semiconductor Physics
- Wireless Data Communications
- Cryogenic Electronics
- Technology, Economics and Public Policy
#1066 Expert technical and business knowledge of solid state devices & circuits, Flat Panel Displays and RFID. Patent expert with testifying experience.
- AMLCDs and other flat panel displays
- RFID chip and reader design
- Semiconductor devices & solid state circuits
#1074 Professor in Electrical Engineering who teaches electronic devices and circuits, VLSI technology, and semiconductor integrated circuit technology. He holds many patents and publications and has extensive expert witness experience.
- Integrated circuit
- Transistor technology
- Electronic devices and circuits
#1081 Experience as a patent consulting expert for the Global Positioning System, GIS, Navigation, Telecom, Storage, and Embedded Computing industries. Expert has been deposed for an ITC matter.
- User Interface design – embedded graphical and menu interfaces for mobile, GPS, robotic and security applications
- GIS mapping software interface and design including Google Maps, Microsoft MapPoint – Bing Maps, Know-Where Systems, ArcView
- GPS, Teleconferencing, Radar and wireless circuit design and signal processing algorithms
- Software / algorithm development using C, C++, Java, Python, Perl
- High performance computing architectures and switched fabrics
- Database development using MySQL and Oracle
- Communications protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, NTP, CDMA, GPRS, GSM and CDPD
- Textual and Natural Language processing in Python
- Enterprise network applications development using BSD sockets on Linux/Unix
- Audio and Video CODECs
- 8/16/32/64-bit microprocessor circuitry design
#1098 Expert has over thirty six years of extremely broad based experience in the analysis, simulation, design, development, integration, testing and debug of multi-disciplinary electronic systems. His primary areas of focus include computer-related technology; embedded hardware; embedded firmware and software for a plurality of hardware platforms, in several different programming languages; medical product design and development; instrumentation and control systems; data communications products; multi-disciplinary system design and simulation; digital and analog circuit design; signal integrity simulation and modeling for high-speed digital circuits; power management and distribution in electronic equipment/products; automatic test equipment (ATE) product development and data compression systems. He is an experienced forensic consultant and expert witness.
- Data Compression
- DVD player technology
- Electronic Product and Circuit Design, Development, Debug and Integration
- Electronic Systems Power Distribution
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Interdisciplinary Systems Engineering
- Medical Electronics and Equipment
- PC Motherboard and Peripherals Design
- Printed Circuit Board Engineering, Design Rules and Stackup specification
- Real Time Applications Programming in C++, C, various Assembly languages and microcode
- Signal Integrity for High Speed Digital Circuits
- Simulation and modeling in PSPICE, HyperLynx, Polar CITS25, FORTRAN and BASIC
- Speech Recognition & Synthesis
#1106 Expert holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and specializes in the circuit level design and application of CMOS integrated circuits to various parts of the TV tuners, particularly, the RF tuner, filters, and A-D converters. He has litigation and testimony experience.
#1108 Expert is a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and has extensive expert witness experience. He is a professor in Engineering and Computer Science and his interests are in high‐speed interfaces for electro‐optic, mixed‐signal, and analog integrated circuits; writing and sensing circuitry for emerging nonvolatile memory technologies, focal planes, and displays (arrays) in nascent nanotechnologies (e.g. magnetic, chalcogenide); analog and mixed‐signal circuit techniques for nanometer CMOS; 3-D packaging techniques.
#1129 Consultant has over 40 years of combined industry, research, academic, and consulting experience. His research covers semiconductor device and electronics design, semiconductor device physics, semiconductor manufacturing processes and equipment, failure analysis, and reverse engineering of semiconductor devices and electronic circuits. Consultant is a named inventor on more than 170 issued U.S. patents. As a result, he has been involved in numerous patent and trade secret litigation matters including a number of ITC proceedings. He has also authored or co-authored books and articles dealing with semiconductor design, process development, and failure analysis.
#1133 Expert is an independent consultant with particular expertise in Mixed-Signal integration circuits, Digital, analog and radio frequency circuit. Consultant has served as an expert witness.
#1159 Consultant brings over 30 years of experience in high-tech industry as Engineer, Technologist, and as a Senior Executive. He is a creative engineer with 11 US patents awarded (for 10 out of 11 he is the only inventor, and he is the lead inventor in all 11 patents), many in the area of semiconductor IC design, memory cells, support circuits and device physics. Consultant brings hands-on experience in designing, simulating, implementing, testing, and debugging circuits for digital, analog, memory, and logic circuits in various IC technologies such as CMOS, bi-polar, GaAs, InP, etc. Also brings board level design experience in designing, simulating, and implementing circuit boards. He has worked in various CAD environments to design and develop IC memory, analog chips and memory modules. He has trained engineers/professionals in corporate and academic environments.
Consultant has expert witness experience.
#1160 Consultant has extensive experience in the design, development, and debug of analog integrated circuits with an emphasis on Power Management ICs. Experienced with managing complex projects that involve multiple design engineers spread out over multiple design centers. Experienced with product definition, macro cell design, full chip simulation, and debugging. Proven track record of bringing leading technology products from concept through production release with minimal design iterations. Awarded 10 US patents. Consultant has expert witness experience.
#1256 Consultant is an electronics engineer with over 38 years of experience in RF, microwave, wireless, and analog circuits and systems.
#1398 Consultant is a professor whose teaching and research focuses on building microsystems (systems constructed of silicon chips, both analog and digital, and silicon micro-machined components) for applications in computing, communications, sensors, robotics, and signal processing. His research interests are in Computer Architecture and Systems (Including Microprocessor Architecture, Special-Purpose Processor Architectures), Electronic Circuits and Systems (Including Computer-Aided Design / Modeling, Digital Circuits, VLSI) and Networking (Including Local-Area and Wide-Area Networks), Physical Electronics, Photonics & Magnetics (Including Nanotechnology, Optical Materials and Photonic Devices, Silicon Devices and Fabrication).
#1441 Consultant is a professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering. His research interests include RF and microwave sensors and measurements for scientific, industrial and biomedical applications.
#1478 Consultant is a professor in Electrical & Computer engineering, his research interests are in Wireless & Mobile Communications, Computer Engineering, Circuit Design (Analog/Digital), Software Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Wireline & Wireless Computer Networks, Software Systems, Control Systems, Cloud Computing. Consultant has extensive experience as an expert witness and testifying.