The following are expert witnesses for multimedia matters. Our experts cover the technologies of: MPEG, video and audio standards, social media, web sites with deposition and testifying experience.
#1004 This consultant has a Ph.D. with over 40 years of experience in the telecommunications, networking and multimedia industry. He has been retained in numerous matters and has Trial and hearing testifying experience. His technical field involves: telecom, multimedia, MPEG, video and audio standards, electrical engineering, computer science, materials science and chemistry.
#1015 This consultant holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from an Ivy League University. With over 20 years of industry experience in the telecommunication industry He has Trial and deposition-tested technical expert witness with expertise in:
- Call Center Analytics
- Multimedia Search
- Networking, Internet Protocol, Network Processors, Data Network Testing
- Optics, Optical Networking
- Social Networking
- Telecommunications, Telecom Testing
- Voice-over-IP, Streaming Video, Streaming Media
- Web Sites, Database-backed Web Sites, Web Site Security, Web Site Testing
Expert has over 24 patents and numerous publications.
#1031 Expert holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science. System architect with broad experience and vision in computing, communications, networking, multimedia, PC’s, Windows, Unix, software, and systems modeling. He is a development manager of advanced products and technologies, leader and organizer of cross-functional and multi-company teams, technical groups, and standards bodies. Expert has authored 4 books, 6 book chapters, 17 journal articles, numerous additional publications and is a named inventor on two U.S. patents and one European patent. Expert in successful patent litigation, providing research, reports and testimony.
- System architect
- Vision computing
#1033 This consultant has over 30 years of industry experience in DVD, multimedia, DRM technology he holds 13 patents. He has served as an expert witness.
#1034 Consultant is a Computer Science professor who’s research focuses on all aspects of Internet-scale distributed systems, including algorithms, architectures, performance, energy efficiency, and economics. He is known for helping pioneer content delivery networks (streaming) and other Internet-scale distributed networks that currently deliver much of the world’s web content, streaming videos, and online applications. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science a top ranked university.
#1035 Expert with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from a top university with expertise with computer software and hardware design, network engineering and security, and embedded systems. Projects include: firmware development of multimedia audio and video streaming features for mobile ad-hoc network (MANET) routers on the ARM platform; engagement as technical expert in a lawsuit relating to embedded firmware in multifunction copiers and printers; recovery of audio data from voicemail and voice logger systems; prototyping of RF transmitter hardware in the cellular bands (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), including design, assembly, and testing; development of a metadata database for digital object identifiers (DOIs); implementation and deployment of a multi-server hosting environment for Web ad syndication; development of laboratory techniques for recovering data from damaged magnetic tapes; due diligence on a startup company for a venture capital group in the area of RFID tags; due diligence on the possible infringement of issued patents in the areas of CDMA mobile telephony, bar code scanners, MIMO wireless data transmission; a reporting database for a direct marketing company to compile revenue data from multiple sales channels; implementation and deployment of a new ecommerce Web site, including shopping cart, credit card authorization, fulfillment, and reporting; a management system 802.11b wireless LANs; custom firmware for a wireless access point using embedded Linux; architecture and deployment of a UNIX-on-the-desktop office environment for a startup semiconductor company; a patient database for a major hospital; LAN architecture and backup strategy for a law firm; design and implementation of a PCI-compliant secure LAN including virtual machines, two-factor authentication, LDAP authentication, intrusion detection, disaster recovery; integration of a custom ecommerce system with multiple credit card merchant accounts and detailed approval, decline, and chargeback reporting; design and implementation of a VoIP gateway.
- Hardware design
- MIMO wireless data transmission
- Software design
#1039 He has expertise in broadband and multimedia with expert management (identification and development of core technologies, IPR leveraging, positioning, make/buy/partner), business and strategic planning, value creation and market development. Expert has satisfied clients in content security, content delivery networks and systems, intellectual property management, digital rights management. Experience with advanced control and digital coding systems for scrambling, compression and transmission of audio and video, and developed/patented the industry’s first hard encryption key management and control methodologies for broadcast. He has extensive expert witness experience including ITC testimony.
#1052 Consultant’s expertise is in computer systems and data communications. He has been successfully creating advanced data products for over twenty years (wireless LANs, cable modem, ADSL systems, and home networking products.) In the course of creating these products, he holds 48 domestic and international patents. Expert has extensive litigation experience, written expert reports being deposed and testifying at court.
- Communications: ADSL, VoIP, Thin Clients, Cable modems, Telephony, Wireless, Fiber
- Protocols, Ethernet
- Engineering: VLSI, digital, analog, RF, system, and card design
- Software: Communications, DSP, embedded systems, operating systems, compilers,
- Multimedia: MPEG-2, IEEE 802.5, Fibre Channel, ATM, BBNS
- Standards/Forums: CableLabs, ADSL Forum, FSAN, IEEE 802.11, ANSI X3T9, T1A1, WINForum
#1055 Consultant holds a Computer and Information Science Ph.D. from a top rated university, For the past 30 years consultant has been working in the Internet, broadband, bioinformatics, investment banking and entertainment industries. He has served as an expert witness on numerous cases and has testifying experience.
- Broadband, networking
- Computer & Information Science
- Corporate IT, security, datacenter
- Distributed computing, Internet
- High-tech management and finance
- Multimedia, entertainment tech
- Software & product development
- Web commerce, business models
#1077 Consultant has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from an Ivy League university, and provides computer software services for a wide range of computer systems ranging from the semiconductor industry to finance industry. He has worked on many patent litigation matters, theft of computer-related intellectual property, and software contract disputes. He has a great deal of testifying experience.
- Architecture and design of complex business systems involving database back ends
- Computer software design, development & deployment
- Embedded microprocessor designs
- Forensic data acquisition and analysis
- Implementation of real-time and media streaming systems
- Java, C, C++, Visual Basic, assembly language programming
- Microsoft Visual Studio component and application design
- Network equipment design and manufacture (LAN cards, routers, bridges)
- Oracle 8i, 9i and SQL Server 2000 database technology
- Security, authentication, networking, firewalls, hacking countermeasures, backups, archives
- Service level agreements for customer-outsourced data
- Web integration of authentication services, streaming media, ad displays, content feed
Domain Expertise for client-server and web-based software applications:
- ERP systems – Financial, distribution, manufacturing, SF automation applications (Platinum)
- E-Commerce – Secure web transactions, authentication (InfrastructureWorld, Syntricity)
- Semiconductor manufacturing – yield analysis, semiconductor defect analysis (Syntricity)
#1078 Consultant is currently a Professor in the Department of Computer Science where his main research interests include computer networks and protocols, wireless networking, multicast communication, large-scale multimedia systems, and mobile applications. In the research community, consultant has authored nearly 200 refereed papers and has also served as an expert witness in a number of interesting patent cases. He is a Member of the ACM and a Fellow of the IEEE.
- Computer Networks and protocols
- Mobile Applications
- Wireless networking
#1085 This industry consultant is recognized as being an industry leader in strategy and implementation of wireless internet and pervasive computing solutions. He has a great deal of litigation and testifying experience.
- 2G/3G/4G GSM, CDMA, LTE
- Wireless data, WAP, WLAN, WiMax
#1092 Consultant is a Professor and Department Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering at a Top rated university. He has author of numerous books in wireless and multimedia. He has a great deal of litigation experience along with testifying experience.
- data and video processing
- Digital signal processing
- Information theory
- Multimedia over network
- Wireless communication
#1101 Consultant has over 20 years of wireless industry experience and is a recognized expert in CDMA and OFDMA. He was a post-baccalaureate Adjunct Professor for the University of California San Diego (UCSD) where he taught in the CDMA Specialization Certificate Program. Consultant has developed and delivered IS-95, cdma2000, 1xEV-DO & UMTS / LTE technology and deployment based courses to an international customer list of nearly 100 companies. Consultant has expert witness experience.
- 3GPP UMTS/ LTE Rel 99 through Rel 11 Phy, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC
- 3GPP2 IS-95 /IS-2000 IS-856 Physical Layer, MAC, LAC, L3
- Curriculum Development
- Drop call HO failure analysis/ System Parameter tuning & Troubleshooting
- Dynamic Instructor
- End-to-End System Expertise
- Expert Consultant for Patent Analysis
- Fresh Market and Business Perspective
- IS-2001 & IS-835 Wireless IP and IETF
- Needs Assessment
- Network Planning and deployment PN Scans/Neighbor List Tuning/QXDM
- Wireless Technologies Standards/ Optimization
- Wireless Technology Training/Consulting
#1176 Consultant is a professor with expert witness experience whose area of expertise is multimedia systems, video and image compression, video communications, interactive TV, video streaming, mobile multimedia.
#1213 Consultant is Chair of the Department of Electrical Engineering. He has been active in research since the beginning of his graduate education. He works on algorithm for video compression and communication. Consultant has expert witness experience and testifying.
#1484 Consultant is a highly experienced, CalTech educated chip designer who was the former Director of Design Engineering for a large corporation. His background includes high performance data converter circuits, optoelectronic devices, circuits, packages and systems, RF IC, wireless, wired and fiber-optic communications.