The following are expert witnesses for semiconductor matters. Our experts cover the technologies of: semiconductor processing and materials, semiconductor equipment, semiconductor devices, semiconductor packaging with deposition and testifying experience.
#1001 Expert has been retained as expert witness in litigation regarding the failure of electrical and electronic devices and systems and has testified in the court.
- Semiconductor Processing:
- Plasma Deposition
- Mask Design
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Metalorganic Chemical vapor Deposition (MOCVD)
- Diamond Deposition
- Plasma Etching
- Electron Beam deposition
- Oxidation, Diffusion, and Ion Implantation
- Process Equipment Design and Construction
- Thin Film processing
- Thick Film processing
- Wire bonding
- 3D ICs processing
- Wireless diagnostic systems.
Design and implementations of Electric and Electronic Circuits and Systems
- Systems for Heating Tissues.
- Ultra Sound Generators
- Infra-Red Heaters.
- Control systems for Refrigerators.
- Electrical circuits rectifications, control, filtering, sensing, digital to analog conversion, analog to digital conversion, and amplifications
- DNA sensors.
- Fabrication of Micro-pump.
- Fabrication and testing of diamond field emission devices.
- Design and simulation of MEMS gas sensor.
- Growth of high dielectric materials (BaSrTiO) for RF MEMS applications.
- Material growth and characterization of ultrananocrystalline diamond thin films using microwave plasma enhance chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technique;
- DNA Sensors.
Material growth and characterization:
- Growth of BaSrTiO using Pulsed Laser Deposition technique (PLD)
- Growth of Zinc Selenide (ZnSe) using metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) technique.
- Growth of Diamond using Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition.
- Characterization of Gallium Nitride materials.
- Characterization of semi-insulating and ion-implanted GaAs materials.
- Silicon technology.
Device Fabrication and characterization:
- Fabrication and characterization of GaAs MESFETs and IGFETS.
- Fabrication and characterization of ZnSe/Ge p-n junction diodes.
- Fabrication and Characterization of ZnSe/GaAs p-n junction diodes.
- Fabrication and characterization of Metal/BaSrTiO/p-Si MOS diodes.
- Fabrication and characterization of ITO/Diamond hetero-structure diodes.
- Fabrication and characterization of Diamond Field Emission Devices.
- Characterization of Magnesium Oxide MOS devices.
Integrated circuit Fabrication
- GaAs digital logic gates.
- GaAs MESFET Digital to Analog Converter.
Design and Fabrication of Micro-electro-mechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Micro pump design and fabrication
- Design of Pressure, strain, pH, and temperature MEMES sensors for dental implant evaluations and teeth grinding behavior studies. The sensors were designed using the Multiphysics software “COMSOL”
Modeling and Simulation
- Modeling for GaAlAs/GaAs Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors for circuit simulation CAD tools.
- Modeling for ZnSe/Ge Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors for circuit simulation CAD tools.
- Modeling of n and p type GaAlAs Quantum Well MODFETs.
- Non-quasi-static modeling of GaAs MESFETs, GaN MESFETs, SiC MESFETs, GaAlAs MODFETs, and GaN MODFETs, HBTs.
- Modeling using Multiphysics software, COMSOL and Ansys.
#1012 Consultant has over 40 years of experience in the semiconductor processing industry. He has extensive expert witness experience, has produced expert witness reports, depositions, and testimony. Most recently expert witness and consultant before the International Trade Commission (ITC) for intellectual property lawsuit ‘flash memory’. He was a Principal Investigator on research projects in ultra trace gas analysis using (APIMS) Atmospheric Pressure Ionization Mass Spectroscopy and processing of ultra thin gate oxides for submicron devices. He holds four patents, has written publications and hired as an expert in eight cases where he was deposed and has testimony experience.
- Semiconductor processing
- Flash memory
#1024 He is a professor in Mechanical Engineering with over 40 years of industry experience. This Expert has authored 36 books, 48 book chapters, over 500 articles and has spoken at invited talks, lectures and key note presentations. His Expertise is in opto-electronics semiconductor package, microelectronic packaging design, power supplies, fans, systems, electronic products and MEMS packaging. He has written expert reports, deposed and testified at federal and ITC courts.
#1030 Broad operating experience in senior technical roles at Fairchild, Intel, ESL/TRW, GTE, and three startup companies spanning the semiconductor, printing, and defense industries. Author and owner of 21 issued patents. Semiconductors and Electronic Packaging, Electro-mechanical systems and mobile systems/smart phones and ancillary devices. . He has written expert reports.
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Electronic packaging
- Mobile systems
- Semiconductor packaging
#1059 Consultant holds a Ph.D. in Material Science/ Engineering from a top-rated university. He has thirty years of R&D and Engineering in the semiconductor capital equipment industry in the areas of thin film deposition, vacuum system design and plasma processing of materials. He is a pioneer in the development of magnetron sputtering hardware and processes for the metallization of silicon integrated circuits and was instrumental in the development of cluster tool and 300mm interface standards for semiconductor fabrication equipment.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
- Physical metallurgy
- Thin film metallurgy
- Planar and hollow-cathode magnetron sputter source design
- SEMI Standards Development and Compliance
- Vacuum system design & practice
- Cluster tool design and interfaces
- PVD Thin film process and process control
- Electrostatic chuck technology
- Magnetic modeling
#1062 Expert has more than 25 years of engineering and management experience in the mainstream of the technology industry. During this time, he has worked in semiconductor physics, device design, process integration, modeling/simulation (process, device, and circuit), circuit design/analysis, and wireless communications. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering at a top rated university. He has author a book and some 100 journal articles and conference presentations, and is a frequent plenary (keynote) speaker at major international conferences throughout the world. He has a great deal of litigation and testifying experience.
- Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF CMOS
- CMOS Integrated Circuit Design
- IC Modeling/Simulation
- CMOS Technology and Process Integration
- Design Automation (CAD) Software
- Semiconductor Memory
- IC Prior Art Search – Patents/Literature
- Semiconductor Physics
- Wireless Data Communications
- Cryogenic Electronics
#1066 Expert technical and business knowledge of solid state devices & circuits, Flat Panel Displays and RFID. Patent expert with testifying experience.
- AMLCDs and other flat panel displays
- RFID chip and reader design
- Semiconductor devices
- Solid state circuits
#1074 Expert is a professor in Electrical Engineering who teaches electronic devices and circuits, VLSI technology, and semiconductor integrated circuit technology. He holds many patents and publications and has extensive expert witness experience.
- Integrated circuit
- Transistor technology
- Electronic devices and circuits
- Technology, Economics and Public Policy
#1129 Consultant has over 40 years of combined industry, research, academic, and consulting experience. His research covers semiconductor device and electronics design, semiconductor device physics, semiconductor manufacturing processes and equipment, failure analysis, and reverse engineering of semiconductor devices and electronic circuits. Consultant is a named inventor on more than 170 issued U.S. patents. As a result, he has been involved in numerous patent and trade secret litigation matters including a number of ITC proceedings. He has also authored or co-authored books and articles dealing with semiconductor design, process development, and failure analysis.
#1159 Consultant brings over 30 years of experience in high-tech industry as Engineer, Technologist, and as a Senior Executive. He is a creative engineer with 11 US patents awarded (for 10 out of 11 he is the only inventor, and he is the lead inventor in all 11 patents), many in the area of semiconductor IC design, memory cells, support circuits and device physics. Consultant brings hands-on experience in designing, simulating, implementing, testing, and debugging circuits for digital, analog, memory, and logic circuits in various IC technologies such as CMOS, bi-polar, GaAs, InP, etc. Also brings board level design experience in designing, simulating, and implementing circuit boards. He has worked in various CAD environments to design and develop IC memory, analog chips and memory modules. He has trained engineers/professionals in corporate and academic environments. Consultant has expert witness experience.
#1218 Consultant is a professor in electrical engineering. His research is in Disruptive nanoarchitectures, modeling and simulation tools for nano-scale devices; Nanoscale CMOS VLSI system design issues; VLSI testing and fault-tolerance methodologies; and VLSI layout automation algorithms. He has been an expert witness in semiconductor memory related patent lawsuits. Over the course of the last 15 years, he has served as expert in seven semiconductor memory related lawsuits where he had testified in trial, was deposed, had prepared invalidation and non-infringement reports as well as extensive simulation work in addition to assisting attorneys with prior art, patents and accused products.
#1225 Consultant has over 30 years of experience in high-tech industry as Engineer, Technologist, and as a Senior Executive. He has worked as expert witness in patent litigation matters for nearly 15 year. He is a creative engineer with 11 US patents awarded (for 10 out of 11 he is the only inventor, and he is the lead inventor in all 11 patents), many in the area of semiconductor IC design, memory cells, support circuits and device physics.
#1299 Consultant has a PHD in electrical engineering he is an independent consultant, specializing in microprocessors and computer systems. He has provided clients with expert services for patent litigation, technology assessment, and product development. He has over 40 years of wide-ranging academic and industry experience that enable him to provide expert consulting services in the following areas:
- Computers, Computer Systems
- Computer Architecture
- PC Systems
- Embedded Systems
- Design Validation and Debug
- Performance Evaluation
- Cache Memory
- Instruction Sets
- Media Processing
- Power Management
#1305 Consultant has a Ph.D. in Physics and specializes in the following fields:
- Product / process development
- Materials Science
- Optics and Electromagnetism
He has experience with actuators, lens technology, biomedical, ultrasonic, industrial fluidic/thermal products & processes and piezoelectric devices.
#1338 Consultant has a Ph.D. with over 40 years of experience in semiconductor processing technologies. He has expert witness and testifying experience.
- Applied Statistical Analysis of Semiconductor Equipment
- Flat Panel Display and Wafer Inspection
- LCD Technology
- LED technology
- Optical Multi-Layer Resist Technology
- Photoresist Technology
- Semiconductor Equipment
- Semiconductor Microlithography
- Semiconductor Robotic Equipment System Design
- Semiconductor Wafer Inspection
#1339 Consultant has a Ph.D. and over 40 years of experience in semiconductor products. He has been involved in advanced technology, development, operations, applications, process, packaging, marketing and business planning across many different product lines. He has expert witness and testifying experience.
- Semiconductor Memory
- Microcontroller Technology
- Microprocessor Technology
- Embedded Processors
- RISC Processors
- Digital Circuits
- Analog Circuits
- IP Macros
- DRAM, SRAM. Flash, EEPROM
- IC Packaging
- Semiconductor Process
- Plasma Etch and CVD
#1349 Consultant is an semiconductor expert hands-on expertise in developing innovative technologies in the field of digital/analog CMOS, semiconductor memories and 3D. Consultant holds over 200 patents; Author of 50 publications.
#1408 Consultant has a PhD with expertise in Cu and Al semiconductor metallization, semiconductor equipment, thin film Li-ion device fabrication, product development, defect/failure analysis, materials characterization, IP, technical marketing, and vendor management
- Expertise in deposition of thin films on patterned Si, flexible, and glass substrates for semiconductor metallization, battery manufacturing, and window coatings
- Track record of optimizing processes and equipment for the semiconductor equipment and Li-ion device industries
- Experience with micro-fabrication, product cycle life testing and root cause failure analysis
- Ability to develop new manufacturing methodologies
- Strong communication skills utilized for team interactions, communication of technical concepts, and creation of IP
#1468 Consultant in the semiconductor with over 40 years of industry experience. He holds over 23 patents granted for inventions derived from Intel EPROM and Flash development.
#1480 Consultant has worked in the development and production of storage technology and semiconductor devices such as Dynamic Ram (DRAM), Flash (NAND, NOR), SSD, EEPROM, ROM, and Static RAM (SRAM) memories which were used in microprocessors, logic, digital, and analog products. He has expert witness experience.